Understanding what a Quality Management System Entails
A Quality Management System (QMS) can be described as the formal record of the way an organization manages the quality of its various services and products. The ISO 9001 quality standard are the internationally accepted standard for quality management systems. ISO 9001 entails a systematic and orderly approach to manage your quality management system rather than the quality of your services or products.
Significance of a Quality Management System
In order for organizations to consistently achieve their objectives they need to have a quality management system in place that has been consciously established rather than evolving by chance. This requires top management to view the organization as a complete system; a set of interrelated processes which includes tasks, resources, and consistent behaviours, all working towards organizational objectives.
The various policies, procedures, and work instructions specific to each organization are essential if it is to meet the requirements of ISO 9001. An organization is thus able to proof to its clients that the policies, procedures, and work instructions developed within the organization are a constant, which improves its chances of meeting ISO 9001 requirements.
Principles of a Quality Management System
- Customer focus;
- Involvement of people;
- Process approach;
- System approach to management;
- Continual improvement;
- Decision making based on facts; and
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships.
Reasons to Implement a Quality Management System
Factors to consider during a Quality Management System Implementation
- Determine the improvements necessary within the organization;
- Depending on the above: determine the quality management system applicable; and
- Determine the department(s) and process(es) where the quality management system is needed.
List of Services relating to Quality Management
QualiCertus can help you with the following services related to the field of Quality Management:
- System Implementation;
- Ensure Certification Audit Readiness;
- Ensure Compliance with International Best Practices;
- System Re-engineering;
- System Management and Maintenance;
- Develop a Quality Management System;
- Draft of a Quality Manual;
- Develop Quality Control Policies and Procedures;
- Review the current Policies and Procedures;
- Conduct Internal Quality Management System Audits;
- Conduct Gap Analysis Audits;
- Conduct Supplier/Third Party Audits;
- Manage and Control Documentation; and
- Advice and Consultancy Service.
| Contact us
| Book a Consultation